Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frankly my deer . . . .

I wish I had a picture of the following, but I don't. Still everything I'm about to relate (silly as it may sound) is true. I've been married for 36 years to someone I consider to be a semi-rational man. But when it comes to our family deer herd, he's just plain delusional.

Case in point: A couple of weeks ago, Kent checked on his precious peaches during lunch. Frustrated that the deer were eating all the low-hanging fruit, he decided to pick the rest. Since he didn't have time to carry the peaches into the house, he put the closed boxes in a neat pile and wrote on the top, "KEEP OUT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A DEER." (OK, I made that part up, but he DID insinuate that the deer knew they were not supposed to eat the peaches). Well, you can guess the rest--the vicious deer opened boxes and ate peaches--the very peaches Kent picked so the deer wouldn't get them--and Kent came home to boxes of peach jam and soggy pits. This is war.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with dad though...the deer are a bit too much. We are counseled to work on our food storage, but the only ones stocking up this year are the deer! HA HA HA! It is funny though to watch dad throw rocks at them.